Westside Food Bank's new boss
Feb 13, 2013 / 1:10 pm
Kelowna's loss in the westside's gain.
Lenetta Parry has left her position with the Kelowna Community Food Bank to take on the role of Executive Director with the Westside Community Food Bank.
Parry had spent more than seven years with the Kelowna Food Bank, most recently serving as Associate Executive Director.
She began her new position Tuesday.
"Ms. Parry brings a wealth of experience, knowledge and passion to the position and the board looks forward to working with her," says Westside Community Food Bank chair, Helen Holton.
Parry will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Westside Food bank, providing leadership to staff and volunteers and ensuring the strategic direction and policies of the organization are followed.
"Most of all, I am eager to meet staff, volunteers, donors and client," says Parry.
"It's always been a goal of mine to be the leader in a Human Service Organization."
The Westside Community Food Bank currently assists approximately 500 households each month -- which works out to about 1,600 individuals, 40 per cent of which are children under the age of 15.
Parry is also known for her dedication towards establishing the Central Okanagan Healthy Food Council, work on the Poverty and Homelessness Action Team of the Central Okanagan and her three years of service as a Food Banks of BC Board Director.
A longtime resident of the community, Parry assisted in the facilitation of the Westside Visioning Forum and volunteers annually with Westside Daze.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Flash mob prom date proposal Dec 4
- WFN awarded new forest licence Dec 4
- Chamber changes to board of trade Dec 3
- 'Mr. Sandman' goes above & beyond Dec 3
- Hockey kids collect for the Philippines Dec 3
- Sandman rescues drivers Dec 2
- Van takes a slide in West Kelowna Dec 2
- West Kelowna fire fighters tackle hunger Dec 1
- Boucherie road reopened after rollover Nov 27
- Chronic runaway still missing Nov 27