Feb 3, 2013 / 9:46 pm
West Kelowna fire crews were called to a shed fire just after 9 p.m. Sunday night.
Witnesses reported seeing flames coming from a 'painter's shack' behind 1310 Ponderosa Court.
The flames could be seen from Highway 97 as the property backs onto Denny Court and Highway 97.
The small structure was fully engulfed by the time crews arrived, but firefighters had the fire out by 9:30 p.m.
No one appeared home at the time. Neighbours say the owner kept painting materials in the shed.
RCMP and the fire department are investigating.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Coyote attacks dog in broad daylight Dec 8
- Questions for the mayor Dec 8
- Fire rescue boathouse open Dec 7
- Improvements at Grizzly Road complete Dec 6
- Flash mob prom date proposal Dec 4
- WFN awarded new forest licence Dec 4
- Chamber changes to board of trade Dec 3
- 'Mr. Sandman' goes above & beyond Dec 3
- Hockey kids collect for the Philippines Dec 3
- Sandman rescues drivers Dec 2