Feb 3, 2013 / 9:46 pm
West Kelowna fire crews were called to a shed fire just after 9 p.m. Sunday night.
Witnesses reported seeing flames coming from a 'painter's shack' behind 1310 Ponderosa Court.
The flames could be seen from Highway 97 as the property backs onto Denny Court and Highway 97.
The small structure was fully engulfed by the time crews arrived, but firefighters had the fire out by 9:30 p.m.
No one appeared home at the time. Neighbours say the owner kept painting materials in the shed.
RCMP and the fire department are investigating.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Council knows 'one way' to save cash May 23
- Long weekend = camping May 17
- Kids Care spray park opens on weekend May 17
- Glen Canyon Regional Park expanded May 17
- 'Helping Hands' helps those in need May 16
- Trapped under a van, pinned by tires May 16
- Child abduction scare May 16
- Missing man located May 14
- Cops bust another West Kelowna grow May 14
- Pub staff and patrons become heroes May 13