Car flipped, sends two to hospital
Jan 21, 2013 / 4:15 pm
A mother and her son were taken to hospital after their vehicle flipped onto its roof during a spectacular two vehicle crash in West Kelowna, Monday.
The incident occurred sometime after 3:30 p.m. at the intersection of Old Okanagan Highway and Gossett Road a block away from the firehall.
According to witnesses, the Honda the pair were driving in may have missed a stop sign and collided with a Cadillac.
The mother and child were taken to hospital with apparent neck injuries.
The male driver of the Cadillac was seen walking around his vehicle, gathering up items from the car.
He appeared uninjured.
The roadway is open to traffic.
Police continue to investigate.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Castanet viewer captures truck fire May 24
- Most sportfields re-open in West Kel May 24
- New potable water station operational May 24
- Council knows 'one way' to save cash May 23
- Long weekend = camping May 17
- Kids Care spray park opens on weekend May 17
- Glen Canyon Regional Park expanded May 17
- 'Helping Hands' helps those in need May 16
- Trapped under a van, pinned by tires May 16
- Child abduction scare May 16