Hydrants vandalized in West Kelowna
Jan 18, 2013 / 5:00 am
The District of West Kelowna is seeking the public’s assistance in reporting suspicious activity related to fire hydrants in the community.
In the evening hours of January 15 to 17, five fire hydrants in West Kelowna were tampered with by unknown persons.
The vandalism caused significant water leakage and compromised the hydrants’ operation.
The hydrants that were tampered with are located at Ingram and Brown Roads, Asquith Road, Shannon Ridge Drive and Ensign Way, Smith Creek Road, and Vineyard Drive. The hydrants have since been repaired.
Tampering with public infrastructure and emergency equipment is illegal and the District has notified West Kelowna RCMP of this vandalism.
Residents are asked to contact West Kelowna RCMP at 250-768-2880 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 if they observe any suspicious activity near fire hydrants, particularly in the evening hours.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Ground water issues a slippery slope Dec 9
- Santa spends a day with our furry kids Dec 9
- Coyote attacks dog in broad daylight Dec 8
- Questions for the mayor Dec 8
- Fire rescue boathouse open Dec 7
- Improvements at Grizzly Road complete Dec 6
- Flash mob prom date proposal Dec 4
- WFN awarded new forest licence Dec 4
- Chamber changes to board of trade Dec 3
- 'Mr. Sandman' goes above & beyond Dec 3