Gangs, loaded guns and Crystal Meth
Jan 4, 2013 / 1:02 pm
A West Kelowna man charged with Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking a Controlled Substance and other drug offences less than three weeks ago is now facing several new charges after his arrest Wednesday evening.
On January 2, the Kelowna Gang Suppression Unit arrested Austin William Murray, 33, and Chelsea Elizabeth Kibzey, 24, in Kelowna after they departed a suspected drug house on Kinnear Avenue. Police then executed a search warrant on the couple's West Kelowna residence.
Police located and seized two handguns, one of which was loaded. In the residence police also located a bullet resistant vest, 12 grams of Crystal Methamphetamine, a small quantity of suspected Heroin, a stolen computer, stolen licence plates and stolen identification. Other suspected stolen identification was also located in the residence and police continue to try and locate owners. Murray and Kibzey were both at large on conditions and are both prohibited from possessing firearms indefinitely due to previous convictions. Both have now been charged with a number of firearms and property offences.
Organized Crime and Street Level Crime remain priorities for the Kelowna RCMP who are committed to the continued targeting of those people engaged in violent lifestyles which disrupt the peace of our community.
Murray and Kibzey are scheduled to appear in Court on January 4, to answer to several new charges.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Long weekend = camping May 17
- Kids Care spray park opens on weekend May 17
- Glen Canyon Regional Park expanded May 17
- 'Helping Hands' helps those in need May 16
- Trapped under a van, pinned by tires May 16
- Child abduction scare May 16
- Missing man located May 14
- Cops bust another West Kelowna grow May 14
- Pub staff and patrons become heroes May 13
- Creeks in West Kelowna remain stable May 13