97C rollover slows traffic
Jan 2, 2013 / 1:56 pm
RCMP and emergency crews responded to several calls of vehicles off the road near Brenda Mine on Highway 97C Wednesday afternoon.
The roads are clear, but the temperatures are ripe for the build-up of black ice and witnesses report limited viability.
Steven Chickloski says, "We were on the back to Kelowna from Vancouver. The roads were clear until the Brenda Mine area, then it was fairly foggy and there were slippery sections."
Here are the conditions form DriveBC:
Limited visibility with fog on Highway 97C both directions - limited visibility with fog from Pennask Summitt (1728 metres) to Brenda Mine Road Exit (10.1 km). Updated Wed Jan. 2 at 12:06 p.m.
Compact snow with slippery sections Highway 97C both directions - Compact snow with slippery sections from Pennask Summitt (1728 metres) to Brenda Mine Road Exit (10.1 km). Updated Wed. Jan. 2 at 12:07 p.m.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Residents shocked over hydro outage Dec 12
- Man rushes Clark over outage Dec 12
- West Kelowna faces tax hike under 3% Dec 12
- Clark in riding to sell new liquor laws Dec 11
- Live with Mayor Doug Findlater Dec 11
- Hydro customers left in the cold Dec 11
- B & E suspects at large Dec 11
- Two people arrested at gunpoint Dec 11
- New tenant for old Future Shop location Dec 11
- City loses administrative officer Dec 10