97C rollover slows traffic
Jan 2, 2013 / 1:56 pm
RCMP and emergency crews responded to several calls of vehicles off the road near Brenda Mine on Highway 97C Wednesday afternoon.
The roads are clear, but the temperatures are ripe for the build-up of black ice and witnesses report limited viability.
Steven Chickloski says, "We were on the back to Kelowna from Vancouver. The roads were clear until the Brenda Mine area, then it was fairly foggy and there were slippery sections."
Here are the conditions form DriveBC:
Limited visibility with fog on Highway 97C both directions - limited visibility with fog from Pennask Summitt (1728 metres) to Brenda Mine Road Exit (10.1 km). Updated Wed Jan. 2 at 12:06 p.m.
Compact snow with slippery sections Highway 97C both directions - Compact snow with slippery sections from Pennask Summitt (1728 metres) to Brenda Mine Road Exit (10.1 km). Updated Wed. Jan. 2 at 12:07 p.m.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- West Kelowna teen located Jun 18
- Queen not welcome in West Kelowna Jun 18
- Lightning strike sparks wildfire Jun 17
- BC Motocross at Bear Creek Jun 16
- Burst tire sends woman, kids into lake Jun 15
- Brown bear spotted near Smith Creek Jun 15
- Fire brings back memories for residents Jun 15
- Gordon ready to take Clark to task Jun 14
- Premier: spill underlines BC's concerns Jun 13
- Dust devil in West Kelowna Jun 13