Suspected drunk driver causes crash
Dec 10, 2012 / 1:43 pm
A 20-year-old Peachland man suffered serious injuries after he was involved in a collision with a suspected drunk driver on Sunday morning.
West Kelowna RCMP responded to reports of an erratic driver and subsequent collision in the 2800 block of Highway 97 South around 5:30 a.m. Witnesses reported seeing a grey Jeep Cherokee driving in the opposite lane with no headlights.
That vehicle struck a Pontiac G6 head-on near Gorman’s Mill. The driver of the Pontiac was rushed to hospital with serious head injuries, while the driver of the Jeep, an 18-year-old Osoyoos man, was taken to the Kelowna RCMP detachment where he provided breath samples in excess of the legal limit.
He now faces potential charges of impaired operation of a motor vehicle, driving while over .08 and dangerous operation of a motor vehicle causing bodily harm.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Long weekend = camping May 17
- Kids Care spray park opens on weekend May 17
- Glen Canyon Regional Park expanded May 17
- 'Helping Hands' helps those in need May 16
- Trapped under a van, pinned by tires May 16
- Child abduction scare May 16
- Missing man located May 14
- Cops bust another West Kelowna grow May 14
- Pub staff and patrons become heroes May 13
- Creeks in West Kelowna remain stable May 13