Plows ready to roll in West Kelowna
Dec 6, 2012 / 5:30 pm
With flurries in the forecast this weekend snow plows and sand and salt trucks will begin winter maintenance in West Kelowna if snow begins to gather on local streets.
Residents are asked to park vehicles off street to avoid interference with winter roads maintenance efforts.
The District of West Kelowna would also like to remind residents that snow plows are unable to avoid depositing snow in front of driveways when clearing streets.
To minimize the amount of snow left in front of driveways, please shovel snow to the left side (when facing the property).
Please also remember to clear sidewalks and pedestrian accesses fronting your property.
The District of West Kelowna will clear sidewalks and walkways adjacent to civic buildings and in the vicinity of select pedestrian accesses and parks.
Waste collection bins should be placed in a cleared area near the curb whenever possible.
Please put out bins by 7 a.m. on the date of collection and remove snow from the lids. Please do not place carts in an area where they will obstruct snow plows, traffic or pedestrians.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Long weekend = camping May 17
- Kids Care spray park opens on weekend May 17
- Glen Canyon Regional Park expanded May 17
- 'Helping Hands' helps those in need May 16
- Trapped under a van, pinned by tires May 16
- Child abduction scare May 16
- Missing man located May 14
- Cops bust another West Kelowna grow May 14
- Pub staff and patrons become heroes May 13
- Creeks in West Kelowna remain stable May 13