Suspected drunk driver flips truck
Dec 2, 2012 / 3:22 pm
It was a wild ride for the driver of a white truck who flipped his vehicle outside the Home Hardware on Byland Rd around 2:30 p.m. Sunday afternoon.
According to RCMP Cst. Kent Hall, the male driver fled the scene on foot after the accident but witnesses gave a description and direction of travel.
“From what I understand, he has been taken into custody and is currently being investigated for impaired driving,” says Hall.
“It looks to me like he was travelling north on Byland road. He may have hit the shoulder and careened across the oncoming lane of traffic and fortunately hit a gigantic concrete block which slowed down his travel instead of going into the front of home hardware.”
Hall says he is unsure if speed was a factor in the crash, but acknowledges they are definitely investigating alcohol as a contributing factor.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Long weekend = camping May 17
- Kids Care spray park opens on weekend May 17
- Glen Canyon Regional Park expanded May 17
- 'Helping Hands' helps those in need May 16
- Trapped under a van, pinned by tires May 16
- Child abduction scare May 16
- Missing man located May 14
- Cops bust another West Kelowna grow May 14
- Pub staff and patrons become heroes May 13
- Creeks in West Kelowna remain stable May 13