Suspected drunk driver flips truck
Dec 2, 2012 / 3:22 pm
It was a wild ride for the driver of a white truck who flipped his vehicle outside the Home Hardware on Byland Rd around 2:30 p.m. Sunday afternoon.
According to RCMP Cst. Kent Hall, the male driver fled the scene on foot after the accident but witnesses gave a description and direction of travel.
“From what I understand, he has been taken into custody and is currently being investigated for impaired driving,” says Hall.
“It looks to me like he was travelling north on Byland road. He may have hit the shoulder and careened across the oncoming lane of traffic and fortunately hit a gigantic concrete block which slowed down his travel instead of going into the front of home hardware.”
Hall says he is unsure if speed was a factor in the crash, but acknowledges they are definitely investigating alcohol as a contributing factor.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Flash mob prom date proposal Dec 4
- WFN awarded new forest licence Dec 4
- Chamber changes to board of trade Dec 3
- 'Mr. Sandman' goes above & beyond Dec 3
- Hockey kids collect for the Philippines Dec 3
- Sandman rescues drivers Dec 2
- Van takes a slide in West Kelowna Dec 2
- West Kelowna fire fighters tackle hunger Dec 1
- Boucherie road reopened after rollover Nov 27
- Chronic runaway still missing Nov 27