Cultural meeting tonight
Nov 21, 2012 / 3:18 pm
Cultural Master Plan
Council was provided information on the developing West Kelowna Cultural Plan from consultant Millier Dickinson Blais. The plan is a strategic guiding document being created to provide a framework for cultural priorities for the next 10 years.
Council was advised that Phase 1, of the three-phase project, is complete and involved a review of current guiding documents including the Official Community Plan, Westbank Centre Revitalization Plan, Parks and Recreation Master Plan and the Waterfront Plan.
Phase 2 revolves around community engagement and includes a community forum, taking place tonight (November 21), from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at the Westbank Lions Hall, as well as focus groups, an online survey and a photo contest.
Phase 3 will incorporate information from the community engagement exercises in the developing of a draft cultural master plan. For more information on the Cultural Plan, please visit the District’s website at – look under Departments/Recreation and Cultural Services/Cultural Plan
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Long weekend = camping May 17
- Kids Care spray park opens on weekend May 17
- Glen Canyon Regional Park expanded May 17
- 'Helping Hands' helps those in need May 16
- Trapped under a van, pinned by tires May 16
- Child abduction scare May 16
- Missing man located May 14
- Cops bust another West Kelowna grow May 14
- Pub staff and patrons become heroes May 13
- Creeks in West Kelowna remain stable May 13