Minor upgrade to Westside Rd.
Nov 21, 2012 / 2:14 pm
Driving on Westside Road is about to become a little safer upon completion of an infrastructure upgrade. The project involves the re-aligning, widening, shouldering and installation of barriers for a total of approximately two kilometres at two separate sections of Westside Road.
- The project will improve safety by removing 30 km/h curves, widening the roadway to include paved shoulders and installing concrete barriers.
- Paving is due to be completed by April 2013. Subject to paving plant availability, the entire project is due to be completed by May 2013.
“These projects will make a significant difference for drivers in West Kelowna. The demands of a fast-growing community have taken their toll on infrastructure designed for far fewer people. Today, we’ve announced positive and decisive steps to correct that,” says Westside-Kelowna MLA Ben Stewart.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Long weekend = camping May 17
- Kids Care spray park opens on weekend May 17
- Glen Canyon Regional Park expanded May 17
- 'Helping Hands' helps those in need May 16
- Trapped under a van, pinned by tires May 16
- Child abduction scare May 16
- Missing man located May 14
- Cops bust another West Kelowna grow May 14
- Pub staff and patrons become heroes May 13
- Creeks in West Kelowna remain stable May 13