Minor upgrade to Westside Rd.
Nov 21, 2012 / 2:14 pm
Driving on Westside Road is about to become a little safer upon completion of an infrastructure upgrade. The project involves the re-aligning, widening, shouldering and installation of barriers for a total of approximately two kilometres at two separate sections of Westside Road.
- The project will improve safety by removing 30 km/h curves, widening the roadway to include paved shoulders and installing concrete barriers.
- Paving is due to be completed by April 2013. Subject to paving plant availability, the entire project is due to be completed by May 2013.
“These projects will make a significant difference for drivers in West Kelowna. The demands of a fast-growing community have taken their toll on infrastructure designed for far fewer people. Today, we’ve announced positive and decisive steps to correct that,” says Westside-Kelowna MLA Ben Stewart.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Flash mob prom date proposal Dec 4
- WFN awarded new forest licence Dec 4
- Chamber changes to board of trade Dec 3
- 'Mr. Sandman' goes above & beyond Dec 3
- Hockey kids collect for the Philippines Dec 3
- Sandman rescues drivers Dec 2
- Van takes a slide in West Kelowna Dec 2
- West Kelowna fire fighters tackle hunger Dec 1
- Boucherie road reopened after rollover Nov 27
- Chronic runaway still missing Nov 27