Three vehicle crash sends 1 to hospital
Nov 19, 2012 / 10:09 am
The driver of a silver mini-van has been taken to Kelowna General Hospital following a three vehicle crash on Highway 97 near Grizzly Road shortly after 9 a.m. Monday.
Cst. Tyler Folz says the female driver of the van was travelling northbound when she appeared to cross into the opposing lane of traffic.
"She collided first with the transit bus and then with the semi truck," explains Folz.
"They were both southbound on the highway."
Folz says at this time police have yet to determine why the driver crossed into the on-coming lane.
He says the woman was conscious when she was taken from the scene.
Folz says her injuries were undetermined but not thought to be life threatening.
The small transit bus was empty except for the driver while the semi was carrying the driver, his wife and a dog at the time of the crash.
There are no reports of other injuries.
The semi was hauling auto parts.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Long weekend = camping May 17
- Kids Care spray park opens on weekend May 17
- Glen Canyon Regional Park expanded May 17
- 'Helping Hands' helps those in need May 16
- Trapped under a van, pinned by tires May 16
- Child abduction scare May 16
- Missing man located May 14
- Cops bust another West Kelowna grow May 14
- Pub staff and patrons become heroes May 13
- Creeks in West Kelowna remain stable May 13