Three vehicle crash sends 1 to hospital
Nov 19, 2012 / 10:09 am
The driver of a silver mini-van has been taken to Kelowna General Hospital following a three vehicle crash on Highway 97 near Grizzly Road shortly after 9 a.m. Monday.
Cst. Tyler Folz says the female driver of the van was travelling northbound when she appeared to cross into the opposing lane of traffic.
"She collided first with the transit bus and then with the semi truck," explains Folz.
"They were both southbound on the highway."
Folz says at this time police have yet to determine why the driver crossed into the on-coming lane.
He says the woman was conscious when she was taken from the scene.
Folz says her injuries were undetermined but not thought to be life threatening.
The small transit bus was empty except for the driver while the semi was carrying the driver, his wife and a dog at the time of the crash.
There are no reports of other injuries.
The semi was hauling auto parts.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Clark in riding to sell new liquor laws Dec 11
- Live with Mayor Doug Findlater Dec 11
- Man rushes Clark over hydro outage Dec 11
- Hydro customers left in the cold Dec 11
- B & E suspects at large Dec 11
- Two people arrested at gunpoint Dec 11
- New tenant for old Future Shop location Dec 11
- City loses administrative officer Dec 10
- Ground water issues a slippery slope Dec 9
- Santa spends a day with our furry kids Dec 9