AGM for Westbank radio society
Nov 17, 2012 / 10:45 am
The quest to bring community radio to West Kelowna continues with the Westbank and District Community Radio Society’s annual general meeting to take place on November 21.
The meeting will be from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. at the West Kelowna Holiday Inn, Monashee Room.
"Now in our 17th month of existence, we are still very much committed to establishing a new community radio station in Westbank and are inviting the Westside public to attend," says WDCRS President and founder R.J. Smith.
“We are seeking fresh ideas from new volunteers on how to help and expand our goals, with respect to on-air programming, fund-raising and corporate sponsorships."
The AGM will include the election and re-appointment of a new Board of Directors for the 2012-2013 fiscal year. All members of the Westbank Community Radio Society, as well as members of the public, are invited to attend.
For more information visit their website.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- West Kelowna teen located Jun 18
- Queen not welcome in West Kelowna Jun 18
- Lightning strike sparks wildfire Jun 17
- BC Motocross at Bear Creek Jun 16
- Burst tire sends woman, kids into lake Jun 15
- Brown bear spotted near Smith Creek Jun 15
- Fire brings back memories for residents Jun 15
- Gordon ready to take Clark to task Jun 14
- Premier: spill underlines BC's concerns Jun 13
- Dust devil in West Kelowna Jun 13