AGM for Westbank radio society
Nov 17, 2012 / 10:45 am
The quest to bring community radio to West Kelowna continues with the Westbank and District Community Radio Society’s annual general meeting to take place on November 21.
The meeting will be from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. at the West Kelowna Holiday Inn, Monashee Room.
"Now in our 17th month of existence, we are still very much committed to establishing a new community radio station in Westbank and are inviting the Westside public to attend," says WDCRS President and founder R.J. Smith.
“We are seeking fresh ideas from new volunteers on how to help and expand our goals, with respect to on-air programming, fund-raising and corporate sponsorships."
The AGM will include the election and re-appointment of a new Board of Directors for the 2012-2013 fiscal year. All members of the Westbank Community Radio Society, as well as members of the public, are invited to attend.
For more information visit their website.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Ground water issues a slippery slope Dec 9
- Santa spends a day with our furry kids Dec 9
- Coyote attacks dog in broad daylight Dec 8
- Questions for the mayor Dec 8
- Fire rescue boathouse open Dec 7
- Improvements at Grizzly Road complete Dec 6
- Flash mob prom date proposal Dec 4
- WFN awarded new forest licence Dec 4
- Chamber changes to board of trade Dec 3
- 'Mr. Sandman' goes above & beyond Dec 3