Speak up about health care
Nov 1, 2012 / 5:00 am
The West Kelowna Residents Association (WKRA) is appealing to all Westside residents (West Kelowna, Peachland and WFN) for assistance in identifying gaps and problems with existing health care services on the Westside.
WKRA has been asked to gather this feedback on behalf of Joanne Konnert, the consultant hired by the District of West Kelowna to prepare a report on a proposed Westside Health Facility.
“Many of us have personal knowledge of the challenges with access to health care services on the Westside”, says Ron Green, a director with the West Kelowna Resident’s Association.
“Whether it relates to transportation or to cardiology, radiology, laboratory, wound care, home care, respiratory or any other health care service. The need to address this issue is growing more critical every day.”
All Westside residents are urged to provide their personal stories, concerns and feedback regarding health care on the Westside by visiting the WKRA website at www.wkra.ca and using the “Contact Us” link or by emailing [email protected]
The deadline for presentation of the public’s input is November 30th, so that Ms. Konnert may use it in her report to the District of West Kelowna Mayor and Council in December.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Ground water issues a slippery slope Dec 9
- Santa spends a day with our furry kids Dec 9
- Coyote attacks dog in broad daylight Dec 8
- Questions for the mayor Dec 8
- Fire rescue boathouse open Dec 7
- Improvements at Grizzly Road complete Dec 6
- Flash mob prom date proposal Dec 4
- WFN awarded new forest licence Dec 4
- Chamber changes to board of trade Dec 3
- 'Mr. Sandman' goes above & beyond Dec 3