Speak up about health care
Nov 1, 2012 / 5:00 am
The West Kelowna Residents Association (WKRA) is appealing to all Westside residents (West Kelowna, Peachland and WFN) for assistance in identifying gaps and problems with existing health care services on the Westside.
WKRA has been asked to gather this feedback on behalf of Joanne Konnert, the consultant hired by the District of West Kelowna to prepare a report on a proposed Westside Health Facility.
“Many of us have personal knowledge of the challenges with access to health care services on the Westside”, says Ron Green, a director with the West Kelowna Resident’s Association.
“Whether it relates to transportation or to cardiology, radiology, laboratory, wound care, home care, respiratory or any other health care service. The need to address this issue is growing more critical every day.”
All Westside residents are urged to provide their personal stories, concerns and feedback regarding health care on the Westside by visiting the WKRA website at www.wkra.ca and using the “Contact Us” link or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for presentation of the public’s input is November 30th, so that Ms. Konnert may use it in her report to the District of West Kelowna Mayor and Council in December.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Long weekend = camping May 17
- Kids Care spray park opens on weekend May 17
- Glen Canyon Regional Park expanded May 17
- 'Helping Hands' helps those in need May 16
- Trapped under a van, pinned by tires May 16
- Child abduction scare May 16
- Missing man located May 14
- Cops bust another West Kelowna grow May 14
- Pub staff and patrons become heroes May 13
- Creeks in West Kelowna remain stable May 13