Mancini documentary opens to raves
Oct 28, 2012 / 12:07 pm
It had all the feel of a Hollywood premier - a red carpet, glitz, glamour and celebrities.
And, it was at the new Landmark Cinema 8 in West Kelowna for the Canadian premier of 'The Good Son.'
A sold out house of nearly three hundred packed into the theatre Saturday. They were not disappointed.
The documentary, chronicling the life of legendary Youngstown, Ohio boxer Ray 'Boom Boom Mancini met everyone's expectations and more.
Mancini was joined at the premier by co-producer and Kelowna filmmaker Adam Scorgie and film director Jesse James Miller.
Castanet entertainment reporter, Rob Balsdon and his video camera took in the premier, talked to the principles and some of those who took in the documentary.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Fire rescue boathouse open Dec 7
- Improvements at Grizzly Road complete Dec 6
- Flash mob prom date proposal Dec 4
- WFN awarded new forest licence Dec 4
- Chamber changes to board of trade Dec 3
- 'Mr. Sandman' goes above & beyond Dec 3
- Hockey kids collect for the Philippines Dec 3
- Sandman rescues drivers Dec 2
- Van takes a slide in West Kelowna Dec 2
- West Kelowna fire fighters tackle hunger Dec 1