Toddler scare at Walmart
Oct 25, 2012 / 4:22 pm
RCMP confirm they are investigating a possible attempted abduction involving a young child at the McDonald's inside the West Kelowna Walmart.
According to police, the incident occurred Tuesday evening when an elderly woman was apparently looking at a young toddler inside the restaurant.
When the child's mother turned around after tending to a child in a stroller, the elderly lady was walking hand-in-hand with her other child.
The mother was able to retrieve her child without any resistance.
Police say the elderly woman quietly walked out of the store.
Cst. Kris Clark says police are reviewing the store's surveillance to try and identify the woman.
Clark says they want to speak with her to determine whether it was a possible abduction or something else.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Questions for the mayor Dec 8
- Fire rescue boathouse open Dec 7
- Improvements at Grizzly Road complete Dec 6
- Flash mob prom date proposal Dec 4
- WFN awarded new forest licence Dec 4
- Chamber changes to board of trade Dec 3
- 'Mr. Sandman' goes above & beyond Dec 3
- Hockey kids collect for the Philippines Dec 3
- Sandman rescues drivers Dec 2
- Van takes a slide in West Kelowna Dec 2