Toddler scare at Walmart
Oct 25, 2012 / 4:22 pm
RCMP confirm they are investigating a possible attempted abduction involving a young child at the McDonald's inside the West Kelowna Walmart.
According to police, the incident occurred Tuesday evening when an elderly woman was apparently looking at a young toddler inside the restaurant.
When the child's mother turned around after tending to a child in a stroller, the elderly lady was walking hand-in-hand with her other child.
The mother was able to retrieve her child without any resistance.
Police say the elderly woman quietly walked out of the store.
Cst. Kris Clark says police are reviewing the store's surveillance to try and identify the woman.
Clark says they want to speak with her to determine whether it was a possible abduction or something else.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Long weekend = camping May 17
- Kids Care spray park opens on weekend May 17
- Glen Canyon Regional Park expanded May 17
- 'Helping Hands' helps those in need May 16
- Trapped under a van, pinned by tires May 16
- Child abduction scare May 16
- Missing man located May 14
- Cops bust another West Kelowna grow May 14
- Pub staff and patrons become heroes May 13
- Creeks in West Kelowna remain stable May 13