Update: West Kelowna power restored
Oct 16, 2012 / 2:15 pm
UPDATE: Power has been restored
About 1400 customers in West Kelowna are without power.
The outage is affecting customers north of Highway 97 and west of Shannon Lake Road.
According to BC Hydro's website, 1,416 customers lost power about 1:45 Tuesday afternoon.
The outage was caused by trees falling on hydro lines.
BC Hydro says it hopes to have the power restored by 4 p.m.
Another 23 customers west of Meadow Valley Drive are also without power due to a downed power line.
Power for those residents is also expected to be restored by 4 p.m.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Long weekend = camping May 17
- Kids Care spray park opens on weekend May 17
- Glen Canyon Regional Park expanded May 17
- 'Helping Hands' helps those in need May 16
- Trapped under a van, pinned by tires May 16
- Child abduction scare May 16
- Missing man located May 14
- Cops bust another West Kelowna grow May 14
- Pub staff and patrons become heroes May 13
- Creeks in West Kelowna remain stable May 13