Campfire gets away
Oct 9, 2012 / 4:23 pm
A small brush fire below the Johnson Bentley Memorial Pool kept West Kelowna fire crews busy Monday night.
The call came in about 7:45 p.m.
According to fire officials, the fire was contained to an area about 30 X 30.
It was in an area deep in the gully which has traditionally been a hideaway for transients.
It appears as if campfire got away and those in the vicinity took off.
Arson is not suspected.
The wooded area below the pool has seen its share of fires over the past several years.
The area is popular, not only with transients, but as a party spot as well.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Council knows 'one way' to save cash May 23
- Long weekend = camping May 17
- Kids Care spray park opens on weekend May 17
- Glen Canyon Regional Park expanded May 17
- 'Helping Hands' helps those in need May 16
- Trapped under a van, pinned by tires May 16
- Child abduction scare May 16
- Missing man located May 14
- Cops bust another West Kelowna grow May 14
- Pub staff and patrons become heroes May 13