Fire starts near Bear Creek Park
Sep 20, 2012 / 11:07 pm
Westside Road had to be closed near the log boom just before Bear Creek Park after a wildfire broke out late Thursday evening.
The fire was burning on a hillside just off Westside Road and fire crews managed to bring the fire under control just after 11:00 p.m, the road was open around midnight.
Crews are now in the mop up stage.
Light winds are reported in the area and said to be adding to the difficulty fire crews are facing
At least eight fire engines are on the scene and the fire is visible from the road and can be seen burning up the hillside.
No homes are threatened at this time and emergency crews hope to gain the upper hand soon.
This is the second blaze to hit West Kelowna Thursday. Around 5 p.m. another fire had to be battled after sparks from a grinder ignited it.
If you have pictures or video, email them to email@example.com.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- West Kelowna teen located Jun 18
- Queen not welcome in West Kelowna Jun 18
- Lightning strike sparks wildfire Jun 17
- BC Motocross at Bear Creek Jun 16
- Burst tire sends woman, kids into lake Jun 15
- Brown bear spotted near Smith Creek Jun 15
- Fire brings back memories for residents Jun 15
- Gordon ready to take Clark to task Jun 14
- Premier: spill underlines BC's concerns Jun 13
- Dust devil in West Kelowna Jun 13