Turn on the taps!
Sep 19, 2012 / 9:58 am
The District of West Kelowna has repaired the watermain break that occurred at approximately 3:30 p.m. yesterday, impacting water service in the Boucherie and Westlake Road area.
Repair crews worked overnight to perform the repairs.
As water service resumes, residents can expect discolored water and are advised to run their cold water taps or an outdoor tap for a few minutes until the water runs clear.
The District apologizes for any inconvenience caused by the service disruption. Crews working on the construction of the West Kelowna Wine Trail, which has blocked a portion of Boucherie Road since May, caused the water break.
"We lost water completely," said Winnipeg Road resident Ken Osborne.
He says he lost his water at about 3:30 p.m. Tuesday until early Wednesday morning.
Other residents said their water was discoloured.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Long weekend = camping May 17
- Kids Care spray park opens on weekend May 17
- Glen Canyon Regional Park expanded May 17
- 'Helping Hands' helps those in need May 16
- Trapped under a van, pinned by tires May 16
- Child abduction scare May 16
- Missing man located May 14
- Cops bust another West Kelowna grow May 14
- Pub staff and patrons become heroes May 13
- Creeks in West Kelowna remain stable May 13