Mobile home destroyed by fire
Sep 4, 2012 / 9:45 am
It was not the best start to the new school year for a Westbank family.
A mother and three children are without a home after fire ripped through their mobile home in the Princess Mobile Home Park on Boucherie Road.
Tracy Teal and her kids have lost almost everything, but they did not lose the family pets. Her dogs were taken in by neighbours and fireman rescued the family's three guinea pigs.
"I'm just so thankful that they are all ok and nobody was hurt, the rest is replaceable," says Tracy Teal as she was holding one of the rescued guinea pigs.
The call came in just before 9 a.m. Tuesday.
Fortunately, no one was inside the home at the time of the fire.
The home is a complete loss.
No word on a possible cause.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Castanet viewer captures truck fire May 24
- Most sportfields re-open in West Kel May 24
- New potable water station operational May 24
- Council knows 'one way' to save cash May 23
- Long weekend = camping May 17
- Kids Care spray park opens on weekend May 17
- Glen Canyon Regional Park expanded May 17
- 'Helping Hands' helps those in need May 16
- Trapped under a van, pinned by tires May 16
- Child abduction scare May 16