Westside Rd. crash victim ID'd
Aug 29, 2012 / 3:30 pm
The Surrey man killed in a motorcycle crash on Westside Road late Monday afternoon has been identified.
The BC Coroners Service has identified the man as 30-year-old David Allan Thomas Hall.
Hall was riding his motorcycle southbound along Westside Road when he crossed the centre line and crashed head-on with a Suburban truck.
The crash occurred about seven kilometres from Shelter Cove.
Hall was thrown from his bike.
He was pronounced dead at the scene from his injuries.
According to witnesses, the motorcyclist was speeding, passing vehicles illegally and crossed the centre line into oncoming traffic.
The man was also found to be prohibited from driving and was not wearing an approved DOT helmet.
There were no other injuries reported.
Westside Road was closed for several hours following the collision.
The BC Coroners Service and RCMP are continuing their investigation.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- West Kelowna teen located Jun 18
- Queen not welcome in West Kelowna Jun 18
- Lightning strike sparks wildfire Jun 17
- BC Motocross at Bear Creek Jun 16
- Burst tire sends woman, kids into lake Jun 15
- Brown bear spotted near Smith Creek Jun 15
- Fire brings back memories for residents Jun 15
- Gordon ready to take Clark to task Jun 14
- Premier: spill underlines BC's concerns Jun 13
- Dust devil in West Kelowna Jun 13