Over 600 plants found at grow-op
Aug 29, 2012 / 12:25 pm
West Kelowna RCMP have taken down what they term a sophisticated marijuana grow operation in the municipality.
Police were alerted to the potential of a grow-operation in the 3500 block of Ashley Court after receiving a tip regarding a theft of hydro.
RCMP raided the home Tuesday when they discovered a hydro bypass as well as a sophisticated grow operation throughout the house.
In all, 653 marijuana plants in various stages of production were seized.
Police also arrested a 49-year-old West Kelowna man at the home.
The suspect faces charges of Theft of Electricity, Production of a Controlled Substance and Possession of a Controlled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking.
He's been released on a Promise to Appear at a later date.
If you have photos or video send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Council knows 'one way' to save cash May 23
- Long weekend = camping May 17
- Kids Care spray park opens on weekend May 17
- Glen Canyon Regional Park expanded May 17
- 'Helping Hands' helps those in need May 16
- Trapped under a van, pinned by tires May 16
- Child abduction scare May 16
- Missing man located May 14
- Cops bust another West Kelowna grow May 14
- Pub staff and patrons become heroes May 13