Motorcyclist hospitalized in solo crash
Aug 28, 2012 / 3:43 pm
One man was taken to Kelowna General Hospital after he crashed his motorcycle Tuesday afternoon.
The crash occurred around 3 p.m., on Main Street between Elliott and Brown Roads in Westbank.
Cst. Micha Yakonowsky of the Kelowna Integrated Road Safety Unit says the rider fell unexpectedly.
"What appears to have happened here this afternoon is a single motorcycle accident in the (left) lane. It appears that the motorcycle fell on its side for an unknown reason."
There was a small amount of blood visible on the road after the crash, and Yakonowsky says the driver was transported to hospital with an ankle injury, but added the extent of his injuries was undetermined at the time.
Southbound traffic on Highway 97 was slowed until the crash scene could be cleaned up.
This is the second motorcycle crash on the westside in two days.
Late Monday afternoon, a 30-year-old Surrey man died when his motorcycle crashed head-on with an SUV on Westside Road.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Long weekend = camping May 17
- Kids Care spray park opens on weekend May 17
- Glen Canyon Regional Park expanded May 17
- 'Helping Hands' helps those in need May 16
- Trapped under a van, pinned by tires May 16
- Child abduction scare May 16
- Missing man located May 14
- Cops bust another West Kelowna grow May 14
- Pub staff and patrons become heroes May 13
- Creeks in West Kelowna remain stable May 13