Deadline for citizen survey nears
Aug 22, 2012 / 10:53 am
If you were one of 1,000 West Kelowna residents who received a 2012 Citizen Survey, time is running out to return them to the municipality.
The survey assesses how residents feel about the level and quality of services and programs and whether the municipality should provide more, less or the same service levels in specific areas.
It also helps assist council in setting budget priorities for the coming year.
To date, 220 surveys have been returned.
The municipality is hoping to receive 300 by the August 31 deadline.
Municipal funds are limited so a tool that identifies taxpayers' priorities is extremely beneficial to council as it attempts to keep taxes low and build reserves for the municipality.
Residents who did not receive a survey through the mail are still welcome to complete the form.
Survey forms are available online at www.districtofwestkelowna.ca under Residents/Citizen Survey 2012.
If you download a copy, you are asked to fill it out and return it to Municipal Hall before August 31.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Long weekend = camping May 17
- Kids Care spray park opens on weekend May 17
- Glen Canyon Regional Park expanded May 17
- 'Helping Hands' helps those in need May 16
- Trapped under a van, pinned by tires May 16
- Child abduction scare May 16
- Missing man located May 14
- Cops bust another West Kelowna grow May 14
- Pub staff and patrons become heroes May 13
- Creeks in West Kelowna remain stable May 13