West Kelowna grass fire
Aug 6, 2012 / 9:51 pm
West Kelowna fire crews did not have to go far to fight a small grass fire Monday night.
The fire was only a few blocks from the fire hall, it was burning in front of Johnson Bentley pool, at the corner of Highway 97 and Old Okanagan Highway.
The fire was reported around 8:30 p.m. Monday night. Witnesses say wind was driving it up a hill.
Crews worked hard and were able to have the fire out minutes after they arrived.
There was no lightning in the area at the time of the fire.
The small blaze is considered suspicious and the RCMP are investigating.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Long weekend = camping May 17
- Kids Care spray park opens on weekend May 17
- Glen Canyon Regional Park expanded May 17
- 'Helping Hands' helps those in need May 16
- Trapped under a van, pinned by tires May 16
- Child abduction scare May 16
- Missing man located May 14
- Cops bust another West Kelowna grow May 14
- Pub staff and patrons become heroes May 13
- Creeks in West Kelowna remain stable May 13