RCMP shooting suspects named
Aug 1, 2012 / 9:40 pm
Shawn Adam Wysynski and Michael Edward Ellis have been identified as the two male suspects in Tuesday's shooting incident with police.
Wysynski , 32, has an outstanding warrant for failure to comply with a probation order that has been in effect since February of 2012 stemming from an incident that occurred in Kelowna.
Ellis, 39, also has an outstanding warrant from June 2012, on possession and trafficking of a controlled drug or substance act, stemming from an incident in the Columbia Valley.
Although both men are known to police, RCMP are not saying if these men have gang ties.
Both men will appear in court on Thursday, in Kelowna.
As a result of the incident five RCMP officers have been placed on restricted non-operational duties until a fitness for duty test.
Cpl. Dan Moskaluk says this assessment is conducted to ensure the well being of these officers, prior to them commencing operational duties.
Another suspect, a 19-year-old woman, remains in hospital, her identity is not being released.
Southeast Serious Crimes Unit is still investigating this incident as the crime scenes span from Kelowna to Swan Lake to Vernon.
Anyone who may have witnessed Tuesday's incident is asked to called RCMP or Crimestoppers.
If you have photos or video send them to email@example.com
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Long weekend = camping May 17
- Kids Care spray park opens on weekend May 17
- Glen Canyon Regional Park expanded May 17
- 'Helping Hands' helps those in need May 16
- Trapped under a van, pinned by tires May 16
- Child abduction scare May 16
- Missing man located May 14
- Cops bust another West Kelowna grow May 14
- Pub staff and patrons become heroes May 13
- Creeks in West Kelowna remain stable May 13