The Premier talks about teachers' deal
Jun 27, 2012 / 9:35 am
Better benefits but no raise for BC teachers. Castanet's Kelly Hayes reports.
Premier Clark`s Statement on Tentative Agreement with BCTF:
"In particular, I want to acknowledge the work of mediator Dr. Charles Jago and Education Minister George Abbott in reaching a fair deal that falls under our net zero mandate, as the government remains committed to balancing the budget.
"This tentative agreement means parents and students can enjoy the summer break and know that when school resumes in the fall there will be certainty in the classroom, with the focus being on the children."
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Another West Kelowna teen missing Jun 18
- Queen not welcome in West Kelowna Jun 18
- Lightning strike sparks wildfire Jun 17
- BC Motocross at Bear Creek Jun 16
- Burst tire sends woman, kids into lake Jun 15
- Brown bear spotted near Smith Creek Jun 15
- Fire brings back memories for residents Jun 15
- Gordon ready to take Clark to task Jun 14
- Premier: spill underlines BC's concerns Jun 13
- Dust devil in West Kelowna Jun 13