Update: Horses stolen from farm
Jun 18, 2012 / 4:13 pm
Update Tuesday: The missing four horses have been located safe at a stable near the Kelowna airport. The person who took the horses claims to have had permission from the SPCA.
Four members of Silverado Socrates' family are missing.
The horses were reported stolen from Socrates' farm on Bear Creek Road, last Thursday.
Socrates, who owns Mandy and Me trail riding, says she is putting together a plan of attack, by getting the word out through social media.
One Facebook posts suggest the horses may show up at a local auction, in Armstrong.
West Kelowna Mayor, Doug Findlater, joined the conversation on Facebook, expressing his concern and writing he will be keeping his eyes open.
Socrates is worried the horses may not be getting the proper feed, as a change in diet could be deadly.
"If someone has taken them, they can't have a big change in diet because they could be in danger of colic and that can be deadly."
The Mandy and Me owner admits the BCSPCA was at her farm just last week looking into allegations, her horses were malnourished.
The BCSPCA tells Castanet that the allegations are unfounded and that Socrates' horses appear for the most part in good health.
RCMP would not comment.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Long weekend = camping May 17
- Kids Care spray park opens on weekend May 17
- Glen Canyon Regional Park expanded May 17
- 'Helping Hands' helps those in need May 16
- Trapped under a van, pinned by tires May 16
- Child abduction scare May 16
- Missing man located May 14
- Cops bust another West Kelowna grow May 14
- Pub staff and patrons become heroes May 13
- Creeks in West Kelowna remain stable May 13