Into the bench and down the road
Jun 13, 2012 / 3:40 pm
A West Kelowna woman is facing potential impaired charges after she allegedly hit a bench at a bus stop and then blew over the legal limit.
Just before 1 a.m. police were called to the 3500 block of Webber Road after receiving a report of a hit and run.
According to Cst. Kris Clark, witnesses told RCMP that a blue Mazda hit the bench at the bus stop and drove away, dragging its bumper.
"Police located the vehicle on Gorman Road and found the driver to be showing signs of impairment."
The 28-year-old failed a roadside test and was transported to the Kelowna RCMP detachment, where she provided breath samples which were twice the legal limit.
The woman, who potentially faces impaired-driving related charges, was released on a Promise to Appear for Court in August.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Council knows 'one way' to save cash May 23
- Long weekend = camping May 17
- Kids Care spray park opens on weekend May 17
- Glen Canyon Regional Park expanded May 17
- 'Helping Hands' helps those in need May 16
- Trapped under a van, pinned by tires May 16
- Child abduction scare May 16
- Missing man located May 14
- Cops bust another West Kelowna grow May 14
- Pub staff and patrons become heroes May 13