Baby grizzly not 'par for the course'
May 31, 2012 / 10:53 am
Golf courses traditionally feature numerous hazards -- thick rough, sand traps, ponds and creeks.
Wildlife is usually not 'par for the course.'
Golfers at Two Eagles Golf Golf Course on the Westside got a glimpse of an unannounced hazard Wednesday morning.
Officials at the course say a baby grizzly bear was spotted on the ninth hole before it took off.
It wasn't witnessed on the course again.
Conservation officers were contacted.
The bear was also spotted by some residents living in the area apartments next to the golf course.
It was seen roaming around the parking lot before finally leaving the area.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Long weekend = camping May 17
- Kids Care spray park opens on weekend May 17
- Glen Canyon Regional Park expanded May 17
- 'Helping Hands' helps those in need May 16
- Trapped under a van, pinned by tires May 16
- Child abduction scare May 16
- Missing man located May 14
- Cops bust another West Kelowna grow May 14
- Pub staff and patrons become heroes May 13
- Creeks in West Kelowna remain stable May 13