West Kelowna fire crews were called out to a structure fire at an industrial site on Ross Road Monday night.
The fire was reported at 8:40 p.m. A thick smoke plume could be seen rising from the area.
Fire captain Pat Harmata says flames reached upwards of 20 feet when crews arrived.
"It looks like it may have started in some electrical. He had a a couple of breakers tripped on the panel so that's a good indication," says Harmata.
"It started on the exterior of the building and just started to extend into the structure when we arrived. It got knocked down pretty quickly with no extension into any exposure buildings."
Harmata says the structure itself is raw wood with no siding.
"It's highly flammable. We're lucky we didn't lose the whole thing."
The business inside the building manufactures cedar fencing.
Harmata says there were a few difficulties in fighting this particular fire.
Crews had to break the locks to gain entry into the building and there was also an issue with water supply.
"A lot of our equipment has been disbursed throughout the district lately. In the last couple of days we have been in the process of getting everything back on the vehicles," says Harmata.
He says they were in the process of getting their equipment back tonight when they got the call for this fire.
Send photos and video to [email protected]