Good news for motorists in West Kelowna.
Gellatly Road, between Witt Road and Angus Drive, has been repaired and will re-open on Saturday, July 12.
The road had been closed since May 2 for emergency repairs to the bank of the road, which runs parallel to Smith Creek.
The completed works include:
- Asphalt paving and curbing
- Placement of concrete barriers
- Re-instatement of bus stop
- Line painting
- Ditch work and clean-up
- 1,800 mm diameter culvert in creek bed
- Placement of fill material to stabilize embankments on both side of Smith Creek
- Bracing of overhead power lines
The completion of this work means the detour route along Carrall and Witt Roads will no longer be needed and signage and speed bumps will be removed.
The District meantime will be hosting a public open house to gain input into the design of the Gellatly Road Upgrade Phase 4 project, involving upgrading Gellatly Road from Carrington Road to the intersection with Boucherie Road to an urban standard with pedestrian improvements and a multi-use pathway.
Watch for information on this important public consultation opportunity.