If you love wine and love your sweetheart this afternoon (Sunday) you may want to spend some time exploring the Westside Wine Trail.
The Westside Wine Trail in West Kelowna will be buzzing with happy wine sippers as they take in the third annual “Sip with your Sweetheart” event, in celebration of Valentine’s Day.
The seven participating wineries will be treating everyone to an afternoon of chocolate indulgence where their taste buds can savour decadent wine and chocolate pairings that have been carefully crafted and matched by local chefs, bakers and sommeliers.
The seven participating tasting rooms will be welcoming people from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. during this open house event, admission is free.
Visitors are encouraged to start at either end of the trail, either on Glencoe Rd or Boucherie Rd and maps can be picked up at the wineries or viewed at our website at www.thewestsidewinetrail.com.
Below is a list of wineries participating in the ‘Sip with your Sweetheart’ event, along with their wine & chocolate pairings:
- Kalala Organic Estate Winery | A Riesling, Rose, Late Harvest and Ice wine & Viognier infused triple Chocolate Bark
- Little Straw Vineyards | Pinot Rose & Chocolate Lava Cake
- Mission Hill Family Estate | Merlot & Handcrafted Dark Chocolate
- Mt. Boucherie Family Estate Winery | Syrah & Chocolate Cinnamon Heart Tart and Gamay Noir & Gingerbread Hearts
- Quails’ Gate Estate Winery | Pinot Noir & Chocolate Lollipop filled with Strawberry & Yuzu
- Rollingdale Winery | La Gauche Cabernet Sauvignon & Red Velvet Éclairs filled with Chocolate Cream
- Volcanic Hills Estate Winery | Selection of Wines & Chocolates by Michele Philon