Slowing it down on Boucherie
Oct 22, 2013 / 3:59 pm
An open house will be held to present traffic calming options for streets in the Mission Hill and Vineyard Estates neighbourhoods.
The District of West Kelowna would like South Boucherie property owners to attend the meeting to view the proposed solutions and provide feedback regarding the options:
- Monday, October 28, 2013
- Chief Tomat Elementary School
- 3365 East Boundary Road, West Kelowna, BC
- Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
District staff and a traffic consultant will be available at the meeting to discuss the proposed solutions and answer questions.
An online survey will also be made available at www.districtofwestkelowna.ca, for approximately one week following the meeting, to ensure those who are unable to attend the meeting can add their input.
An initial open house was held June 27 to present residents with the District of West Kelowna’s plans to conduct a traffic calming study in the area.
Over the summer and early fall a consultant conducted traffic counts, observed travel patterns and worked with municipal staff to draft solutions to be presented at the October 28 open house.
Residents’ feedback will be used to narrow down the options and finalize a traffic calming plan for the area.
Upgrades will be subject to council consideration and funding availability.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Flash mob prom date proposal Dec 4
- WFN awarded new forest licence Dec 4
- Chamber changes to board of trade Dec 3
- 'Mr. Sandman' goes above & beyond Dec 3
- Hockey kids collect for the Philippines Dec 3
- Sandman rescues drivers Dec 2
- Van takes a slide in West Kelowna Dec 2
- West Kelowna fire fighters tackle hunger Dec 1
- Boucherie road reopened after rollover Nov 27
- Chronic runaway still missing Nov 27