Quads stolen from Glenrosa property
Oct 19, 2013 / 6:00 am
It would appear thieves went on a shopping spree in Glenrosa sometime overnight - fetching a pair of quads in the process.
Michelle Clark says the two vehicles were at her brother's house on Preston Road just off Glenrosa Road when they were stolen.
"They were on a trailer at the back of the property, however, we moved the trailer yesterday (Thursday) to move a few things around and didn't put it back where it originally was so it was visible from the road," says Clark.
"They went through my brother's neighbour's gate which is right off Glenrosa Road and cut my brother's fence."
Clark says the thieves were able to walk the quads off the trailer, through the cut fence and onto Glenrosa Road.
The stolen quads are both Polaris models. One is a 2005 Sportsman 800 and the other is a 2006 Sportsman 500.
Both are black and grey in colour.
The 500 has grey bumper bars on both sides and the 800 has a box.
Clark says she believes the theft occurred sometime before 1:30 a.m. Friday.
She says thieves attempted to break into vehicles a block over about 1:30 but set off the alarms prompting the owner to contact police.
Anyone with information on the theft are asked to contact West Kelowna RCMP.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Residents shocked over hydro outage Dec 12
- Man rushes Clark over outage Dec 12
- West Kelowna faces tax hike under 3% Dec 12
- Clark in riding to sell new liquor laws Dec 11
- Live with Mayor Doug Findlater Dec 11
- Hydro customers left in the cold Dec 11
- B & E suspects at large Dec 11
- Two people arrested at gunpoint Dec 11
- New tenant for old Future Shop location Dec 11
- City loses administrative officer Dec 10