Vernon and North Okanagan
Repeat offender nabbed for drugs
Feb 18, 2013 / 12:45 pm
Vernon RCMP executed a search warrant at an apartment building in the 3000 block of 37th Avenue on Friday evening, as part of a cocaine trafficking investigation and arrested two 23-year-old females.
Inside the apartment officers found 30 grams of powder cocaine, 21 grams of crack cocaine and smaller amounts of methamphetamine, ecstasy and oxycodone.
One of the two women arrested was known to police and is alleged to have sold cocaine to an undercover officer in September of 2012 – a warrant had already been issued for her arrest. She was also arrested in Penticton earlier this year and was found in possession of 95 individually packaged bags of crack cocaine and suspected Oxycodone pills.
She made a court appearance this morning.
The second suspect has been released on a number of conditions and will appear at a later date.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Hwy. 1 reopens near Salmon Arm Dec 10
- Water main breaks in Vernon Dec 10
- Firefighters kept busy in Vernon Dec 8
- Dumpster fires continue to be a problem Dec 8
- RCMP files from Lumby Dec 7
- Stolen goods & drugs seized; 3 arrested Dec 6
- Push ups to save wife's teeth Dec 5