Vernon and North Okanagan
Fainting driver pulled from car
Feb 18, 2013 / 10:19 am
One person was taken to hospital yesterday evening after their car rolled near the intersection of Highway 97 and College Way, just south of Vernon.
Vernon Deputy Chief Jack Blair says the single vehicle accident occurred shortly before 5 p.m., when the driver felt lightheaded.
“It appears the female patient may not have been feeling well while she was driving and felt she was going to pass out,” Blair says.
“She mentioned she had tried to pull over, and must have passed out because the next thing she knew, she was being pulled out of her car.”
Blair suggests the car must have rolled over quite slowly based on information obtained at the scene, but the driver did receive a large laceration on her forehead.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Driver in crash blows 3x over limit Jun 18
- Foothills' trash attracts problem bear Jun 18
- Tolko responds to teen's death Jun 18
- 'Greeks' investigation team honoured Jun 18
- Trap catches speeders Jun 17
- Two men sought after late night crash Jun 17
- Lavington mill death - teen ID'd Jun 17