Vernon and North Okanagan
Fainting driver pulled from car
Feb 18, 2013 / 10:19 am
One person was taken to hospital yesterday evening after their car rolled near the intersection of Highway 97 and College Way, just south of Vernon.
Vernon Deputy Chief Jack Blair says the single vehicle accident occurred shortly before 5 p.m., when the driver felt lightheaded.
“It appears the female patient may not have been feeling well while she was driving and felt she was going to pass out,” Blair says.
“She mentioned she had tried to pull over, and must have passed out because the next thing she knew, she was being pulled out of her car.”
Blair suggests the car must have rolled over quite slowly based on information obtained at the scene, but the driver did receive a large laceration on her forehead.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Water main break in Vernon Dec 5
- Lumby RCMP looking for volunteers Dec 5
- Enderby home destroyed by fire Dec 4
- Vernon man stabbed in his home Dec 4
- Salmon Arm home invasion Dec 3
- Icy roads keep Salmon Arm RCMP busy Dec 3
- CN confirms interest in rail line Dec 3