Vernon and North Okanagan
Greeks ringleader sentenced to life
Feb 7, 2013 / 11:30 am
The ringleader of a BC gang known as the Greeks has been sentenced to life in prison with no parole for at least 25 years.
Forty-four-year-old Peter Manolakos was convicted in December of first degree murder in the 2008 shooting of Ronald Thom and manslaughter in the death of David Marnuik in 2004.
Both were drug-related killings and also led to convictions of several other members of the Greeks, based in Vernon.
First-degree murder carries an automatic sentence of life with no parole for 25 years.
Manolakos was also sentenced to 15 years for the manslaughter, though he's receiving more than 13 years of credit for pre-trial custody on the manslaughter charge.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Enderby home destroyed by fire Dec 4
- Vernon man stabbed in his home Dec 4
- Salmon Arm home invasion Dec 3
- Icy roads keep Salmon Arm RCMP busy Dec 3
- CN confirms interest in rail line Dec 3
- Two cats perish in mobile home fire Dec 2
- Expired car insurance leads to pot bust Dec 2