Vernon and North Okanagan
Transit trips added for Vernon - UBCO
Feb 5, 2013 / 8:11 am
BC Transit has announced additional trips between Vernon and the University of British Columbia’s Okanagan (UBCO) campus in Kelowna.
The extra weekday trips will leave Vernon at 9 a.m. and noon, and run along route #90 UBCO Connector, before returning from UBCO at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. This route was introduced in July 2009 and often runs at full capacity.
Officials with the RDNO have been looking for way to address the capacity issues on this service line and last month cancelled a less popular 6 p.m. run.
More than 8,300 students attend the university’s Kelowna campus, and so this bus route is a valued service for students who are commuting in each day,” says Norm Letnick, Kelowna-Lake Country MLA.
“The extra service will go a long way, for students and faculty alike.”
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Hwy. 1 reopens near Salmon Arm Dec 10
- Water main breaks in Vernon Dec 10
- Firefighters kept busy in Vernon Dec 8
- Dumpster fires continue to be a problem Dec 8
- RCMP files from Lumby Dec 7
- Stolen goods & drugs seized; 3 arrested Dec 6
- Push ups to save wife's teeth Dec 5