Vernon and North Okanagan
Crack shack on wheels
Feb 1, 2013 / 12:31 pm
Two people are in custody after police raided a motorhome allegedly doubling as a drug house in Vernon.
RCMP say they received a tip that a suspect was trafficking in cocaine and heroin from the motorhome parked in the 6100 block of Okanagan Landing Road.
Officers raided the home Tuesday night and seized about two grams of powder cocaine, one gram of rock cocaine, 6.5 grams of heroin and three grams of methamphetamine along with assorted pills.
Scales, packaging material and Canadian currency were also removed.
RCMP spokesman Gord Molendyk says police also discovered snowboards, skis and other items believed stolen from a recent break and enter in the Vernon area.
Police arrested the 27-year-old owner of the motorhome on drug and property related charges.
A 24-year-old female with an outstanding warrant was also arrested.
Both were remanded in custody and will appear in court later today (Friday).
Two other men found inside the motor home were released at the scene.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Silver Star's own 'Running of the Bulls' Dec 11
- Hwy. 1 reopens near Salmon Arm Dec 10
- Water main breaks in Vernon Dec 10
- Firefighters kept busy in Vernon Dec 8
- Dumpster fires continue to be a problem Dec 8
- RCMP files from Lumby Dec 7
- Stolen goods & drugs seized; 3 arrested Dec 6