Stolen weapons seized in Vernon home
Jan 28, 2013 / 3:16 pm
A 41-year-old Vernon man, banned from possessing firearms for life, was found to be in possession of three stolen guns.
Police made the discovery Friday at a residence in the 3400 block of Okanagan Avenue.
RCMP came to the home at the request of a property manager who called for assistance.
Officers arrived and found two gun cases in the home and immediately arrested the occupant for Breach of Weapons Prohibition and Breach of Conditional Sentence.
Police also found three firearms reported stolen the day before from Armstrong.
The suspect was remanded into custody.
He was expected to appear in a Vernon courtroom Monday.
Read more Vernon News
- Cussing and spitting his way to jail May 21
- Cycling across Canada for a cause May 20
- 4th annual YAA Festival May 18
- Chitty-Maverick bang bang grounded May 17
- Coldstream house fire May 16