10 year-old climate change activist
Jan 24, 2013 / 11:07 am
Ten year old student Neave Allen spoke to Vernon City Council Thursday regarding climate change.
She urged Council to make emissions reduction a priority, to stop development outside the core of the city, to provide bicycle sharing programs, provide better transit, forbid all idling, pass green building regulations and encourage green roofs and solar panels.
Council was requested to consider the environment when making decisions and to lobby the Provincial and Federal Governments for further action dealing with climate change.
Read more Vernon News
- Hesitating driver causes crash May 24
- Bullets, beer cans litter crash site May 24
- Icy water may have been deadly for men May 23
- Kal Lake victims identified May 23
- Bodies pulled from Kal Lake May 22