Vernon and North Okanagan
Public forum on city operations
Jan 19, 2013 / 6:06 am
In an effort to identify cost-saving opportunities and areas for potential improvements of the city’s operations and service delivery, the City of Vernon contracted KPMG to initiate a Core Services Review last year.
The city is now seeking input from the community on the services that the city provides.
This input from residents and taxpayers can be put forward during a public workshop on Jan. 29 at 6 p.m., where those interested can identify “Opportunities for improvement”, such as ways to reduce costs or improve revenues in order to contain property taxes.
Participants will be split into groups during the session and each group will have an external facilitator from KPMG. They will then review the information on city services and discuss their ideas.
Feedback or suggestions can also be sent to KPMG before or after the session: firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Driver in crash blows 3x over limit Jun 18
- Foothills' trash attracts problem bear Jun 18
- Tolko responds to teen's death Jun 18
- 'Greeks' investigation team honoured Jun 18
- Trap catches speeders Jun 17
- Two men sought after late night crash Jun 17
- Lavington mill death - teen ID'd Jun 17