Vernon and North Okanagan
Public forum on city operations
Jan 19, 2013 / 6:06 am
In an effort to identify cost-saving opportunities and areas for potential improvements of the city’s operations and service delivery, the City of Vernon contracted KPMG to initiate a Core Services Review last year.
The city is now seeking input from the community on the services that the city provides.
This input from residents and taxpayers can be put forward during a public workshop on Jan. 29 at 6 p.m., where those interested can identify “Opportunities for improvement”, such as ways to reduce costs or improve revenues in order to contain property taxes.
Participants will be split into groups during the session and each group will have an external facilitator from KPMG. They will then review the information on city services and discuss their ideas.
Feedback or suggestions can also be sent to KPMG before or after the session: [email protected]
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Firefighters kept busy in Vernon Dec 8
- Dumpster fires continue to be a problem Dec 8
- RCMP files from Lumby Dec 7
- Stolen goods & drugs seized; 3 arrested Dec 6
- Push ups to save wife's teeth Dec 5
- Water main break in Vernon Dec 5
- Lumby RCMP looking for volunteers Dec 5