Smart meter may be cause of fire
Jan 16, 2013 / 12:42 pm
The cause of a small fire that broke out Sunday afternoon at Rosalinda’s Filipino Kitchen in Vernon has been determined to be an electrical short that happened at the base of a smart meter.
Initial estimates peg the amount of damage to be around $25,000 but that number could climb higher.
The restaurant was open at the time of the incident, but there were no injuries and the blaze was quickly attacked by the quick thinking owner with the help of a nearby fire extinguisher.
The restaurant is expected to re-open in a few weeks.
Read more Vernon News
- Cussing and spitting his way to jail May 21
- Cycling across Canada for a cause May 20
- 4th annual YAA Festival May 18
- Chitty-Maverick bang bang grounded May 17
- Coldstream house fire May 16