Thursday, April 24th6.6°C
19345
20654

Smart meter may be cause of fire

The cause of a small fire that broke out Sunday afternoon at Rosalinda’s Filipino Kitchen in Vernon has been determined to be an electrical short that happened at the base of a smart meter.

Initial estimates peg the amount of damage to be around $25,000 but that number could climb higher.

The restaurant was open at the time of the incident, but there were no injuries and the blaze was quickly attacked by the quick thinking owner with the help of a nearby fire extinguisher.

The restaurant is expected to re-open in a few weeks.



Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News

20369


Recent Trending



20002



21138




Castanet pays for news tips. Email us a news tip, photo, or video and your name will be in a draw for our weekly news tip prize $25. Email us [email protected]





20788

Vernon SPCA Featured Pet

Reece
Reece Vernon SPCA >




18079




North Okanagan Quick Links City of Vernon
Vernon Discussion Forum
District of Coldstream
Village of Lumby
City of Armstrong
City of Enderby
District of Sicamous
Interior Health
Okanagan Regional Library



Member of BC Press Council


20251