Vernon and North Okanagan
Water main flushing
Jan 7, 2013 / 5:00 am
Annual Water Main flushing continues in the City of Vernon and Electoral Areas “B” and “C”.
Flushing signs will be posted in your area when crews are working.
Flushing removes accumulated sand and silt from the water mains and is a process used to improve water quality for public health.
When crews are flushing in your area you may notice a reduction in water pressure, additional sediment or discoloration of the water.
During this time, you may choose to boil or not drink the water. Checking your water before doing laundry is strongly advised. Please be considerate of crews working and drive carefully in work areas.
For daily updates, please contact RDNO–Greater Vernon Water at 250.550.3700.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Driver in crash blows 3x over limit Jun 18
- Foothills' trash attracts problem bear Jun 18
- Tolko responds to teen's death Jun 18
- 'Greeks' investigation team honoured Jun 18
- Trap catches speeders Jun 17
- Two men sought after late night crash Jun 17
- Lavington mill death - teen ID'd Jun 17