Quiet start to New Year in Vernon
Jan 3, 2013 / 11:24 am
Vernon RCMP had a relatively routine end to 2012 and start to 2013.
Police spokesman, Gord Molendyk, only 11 people were handed personal invitations to spend the night at the RCMP's gated hotel.
Most of those according to Molendyk were for fighting and other alcohol related activities.
Molendyk says Silver Star Mountain was very quiet after the midnight fireworks.
"Our officers reported no arrests and everyone seemed to be having a great time. Only a few people were asked to dispose of open liquor," says Molendyk.
Meantime, officers were out in force patrolling roadblocks in several areas of the city New Year's Eve.
- Two IRP fails resulting in 90 day driving prohibitions and 30 day vehicle impounds
- One prohibited driver pursuant to the Criminal Code
- Five speeding offences
- Two intersection offences
- Five tickets for Motor Vehicle Act offences
- Seven written warnings
Read more Vernon News
- Hesitating driver causes crash May 24
- Bullets, beer cans litter crash site May 24
- Icy water may have been deadly for men May 23
- Kal Lake victims identified May 23
- Bodies pulled from Kal Lake May 22