Vernon and North Okanagan
Hot tub catches fire in Coldstream
Dec 9, 2012 / 10:32 am
It was an unusual sight for the Coldstream Fire Department yesterday when they responded to a blaze in a hot tub.
“The tub itself was full of water, so it was a little odd to see a pool catch fire,” says Fire Chief Shane Code.
Passersby spotted the blaze around 1:30 p.m. Saturday afternoon and crews were quickly on scene.
“We had a large fire, but it was limited to the hot tub – which was about two feet from the heavy timber building itself,” says Code.
“There was heavy black smoke and lots of flames, but minimal damage to the home itself.”
No one was home at the time, and Code says the cause of the blaze is undetermined, but he suspects it was either faulty wiring or the hot tub’s motor burned out.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Silver Star's own 'Running of the Bulls' Dec 11
- Hwy. 1 reopens near Salmon Arm Dec 10
- Water main breaks in Vernon Dec 10
- Firefighters kept busy in Vernon Dec 8
- Dumpster fires continue to be a problem Dec 8
- RCMP files from Lumby Dec 7
- Stolen goods & drugs seized; 3 arrested Dec 6