Vernon and North Okanagan
Charges laid in year old fatality
Nov 19, 2012 / 1:04 pm
Charges have finally been laid in regards to the fatal multi-vehicle accident that occurred on Hwy 97 and Highland Road on April 3rd 2011 at 9:48am.
Creston resident John Moesker, 29, has been charged with Dangerous Driving Causing Death.
The accident occurred when a Ford Windstar, heading northbound on Hwy 97, turned left onto Highland Road across two lanes of southbound traffic near Swan Lake Nursery.
A Mazda MX-6 travelling southbound fatally collided with the Windstar.
The victim of the crash was 82-year-old Vernon resident Howard Nixon Horning, who was the passenger of the Ford Windstar, died at the scene.
“At this time they (Crown) aren’t taking any action against the second driver, which would be the driver of the Windstar," says RCMP spokesman, Gord Molendyk.
A summons has been issued for Moesker with an appearance date of December 13 2012 at 9 a.m. for his first appearance.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Firefighters kept busy in Vernon Dec 8
- Dumpster fires continue to be a problem Dec 8
- RCMP files from Lumby Dec 7
- Stolen goods & drugs seized; 3 arrested Dec 6
- Push ups to save wife's teeth Dec 5
- Water main break in Vernon Dec 5
- Lumby RCMP looking for volunteers Dec 5