Vernon and North Okanagan
Woman run over in cross walk
Nov 15, 2012 / 3:45 pm
Yesterday afternoon at about 3:30 p.m. our officers responded to a pedestrian motor vehicle collision at the intersection of 32nd Street and 39th Ave in Vernon.
The driver of the car was traveling west on 39th Ave when he turned left onto 32nd St and struck a middle aged female pedestrian who was in the cross walk.
EHS transported the victim to VJH, she suffered broken legs, and a broken left shoulder as a result of this accident.
The driver advised police he was unable to see the victim in the crosswalk due to the sun in his eyes. The 17-year-old driver from Vernon was issued a ticket for failing to yield to a pedestrian.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Silver Star's own 'Running of the Bulls' Dec 11
- Hwy. 1 reopens near Salmon Arm Dec 10
- Water main breaks in Vernon Dec 10
- Firefighters kept busy in Vernon Dec 8
- Dumpster fires continue to be a problem Dec 8
- RCMP files from Lumby Dec 7
- Stolen goods & drugs seized; 3 arrested Dec 6